CBRITP Certification Overview
CBRITP (Certified Business Resilience IT Professional) is BRCCI's information technology (IT) and telecommunications resilience professional designation. This high demand business resilience IT focused certification is for those candidates who assess, manage, implement, or support IT and telecommunications environments including IT systems, applications, data, and services. The certification requirements for obtaining a CBRITP designation are as follows:
- Pass the CBRITP examination
- Obtain authorized CBRITP training by attending a CBRITP seminar (click here for CBRITP training events) OR possess a minimum of two years of practical work experience in business continuity and disaster recovery. The following types of experience may be used to satisfy up to 1 year of the minimum 2 year CBRITP experience requirement:
- Information Technology and related fields
- Information systems security and management
- Business and information systems auditing
- Risk management
- Emergency response management OR
- Project management
- Adhere to BRCCI's Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Points Program, and
- Adhere to BRCCI's Code of Professional Ethics and Responsibility.
Official BRCCI CBRITP Seminar
3-day Certified Business Resilience IT Professional (CBRITP)
This workshop teaches students how to develop, test, and maintain an information technology (IT) disaster recovery plan for recovering IT and telecommunications systems and infrastructure in the event of a disaster or business disruption. The workshop provides a comprehensive step-by-step IT disaster recovery plan development methodology, and presents key IT availability planning concepts and principles including continuous and high availability. Students will learn various recovery techniques, strategies, and practical methods that will help them to build a robust and resilient technology support infrastructure and critical process recovery capability to ensure a fast and efficient recovery of business operations and mission-critical IT systems, applications, and data.
The BRCCI CBRITP Seminar includes 18 hours of instruction over 3 days and includes the CBRITP examination on day 3. The BRCCI Seminar:
- Covers all CBRITP examination topics
- Provides an overview of business resilience
- Identifies the key areas of study
- Provides hands-on practice through a series of exercises
CBRITP Course Brochure
CBRITP Seminar Schedule
To Register for training and certification, visit BRCCI training affiliate Sentryx at www.sentryx.com or call 1-800-869-8460.