The Basics of Business Continuity Planning In the last few years, there has been a consistent push within companies to formulate a Business Continuity Plan
Damage to American Airlines plane from hail strom – emergency landing
Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Blog
DAMAGE TO AMERICAN AIRLINES PLANE FROM HAIL STORM - EMERGENCY LANDING
Flight 1897 left San Antonio International Airport at 6:57 p.m. and landed safely at 8:03 p.m. MT, the airline confirmed. The Airbus A319 had 130 passengers and five crew members.
Jesus Esparza, a passenger on the plane, described a chaotic scene to KENS 5.
Esparaza said passengers observed lighting outside their windows during the flight and said it sounded like the plane was being pelted with hail. He said at one point it dropped “like a rollercoaster.”
He said some passengers gasped and he had to let a passenger behind him use his sickness bag because the person already used their bag.
BRCCI – Business Resilience Certification Consortium International (www.brcci.org)
We are thankful to the author for allowing us to post this insightful article on our website. BRCCI provides a comprehensive training and certification program in business resiliency, continuity and IT disaster recovery planning:
1. 3-day CBRM (Certified Business Resilience Manager) is a comprehensive, all-in-one, 3-day Business Continuity Planning and Management Training and Certification course which is designed to teach practical methods to develop, test, and maintain a business continuity plan and establish a business continuity program.
2. 3-day CBRITP (Certified Business Resilience IT Professional) is a comprehensive training on how to assess, develop, test, and maintain an information technology (IT) Disaster Recovery Plan for recovering IT and telecommunications systems and infrastructure in the event of a disaster or business disruption. The training provides a step-by-step methodology to ensure a reliable and effective IT disaster recovery and continuity plan consistent with the industry’s standards and best practices.
3. 2-day CBRA (Certified Business Resilience Auditor) It provides 2 days of intensive, Business Continuity Audit training to enable students to determine the effectiveness, adequacy, quality and reliability of an organization’s Business Continuity Program. Students will learn an audit methodology to evaluate compliance of Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Programs with the current industry’s best practices and standards including:
- ISO 22301: Business Continuity Management Systems – Requirements
- NFPA: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- ITIL: Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Key Components of an Effective IT Disaster Recovery Strategy Given the importance of our IT systems to business today, ensuring that we can retain functionality
Mastering Business Continuity Planning: Four Key Elements for Effective Training and Implementation Author: Dr. Akhtar Syed, Phd., CBRM, MABR, CISSP. In our rapidly evolving business
The Importance of training in Business Continuity Planning Organizations may encounter unforeseen catastrophes and operational disruptions at any time in the fast-paced business climate of
Business Risk Management in International Corporations AbstractNowadays, there is a large variability in business environment, cause by economic and political circumstances. It sheds new lights