Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery: Benefits and Considerations As a business owner, the last problem you need on your hands is a disaster. When things go wrong
Air Canada reviewing how crew left passenger on a parked plane
Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Blog
AIR CANADA REVIEWING HOW CREW LEFT PASSENGER ON A PARKED PLANE
Air Canada continues to investigate how crew members could have disembarked from a plane without noticing a sleeping passenger who was still on board, an incident experts say raises serious security issues.
An Air Canada passenger says she was forced to organize her own escape from an empty plane in Toronto after flight crews left her asleep in her seat.
Tiffani Louise O’Brien said the incident, documented in detail on Air Canada’s Facebook page and currently under review by the airline, took place on a June 9 flight from Quebec City to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.
After finding herself in an empty row, O’Brien said she laid down to sleep less than halfway into the short 90-minute flight. When she woke up, she said she was completely alone in the pitch-black aircraft.
BRCCI – Business Resilience Certification Consortium International (www.brcci.org)
We are thankful to the author for allowing us to post this insightful article on our website. BRCCI provides a comprehensive training and certification program in business resiliency, continuity and IT disaster recovery planning:
1. 3-day CBRM (Certified Business Resilience Manager) is a comprehensive, all-in-one, 3-day Business Continuity Planning and Management Training and Certification course which is designed to teach practical methods to develop, test, and maintain a business continuity plan and establish a business continuity program.
2. 3-day CBRITP (Certified Business Resilience IT Professional) is a comprehensive training on how to assess, develop, test, and maintain an information technology (IT) Disaster Recovery Plan for recovering IT and telecommunications systems and infrastructure in the event of a disaster or business disruption. The training provides a step-by-step methodology to ensure a reliable and effective IT disaster recovery and continuity plan consistent with the industry’s standards and best practices.
3. 2-day CBRA (Certified Business Resilience Auditor) It provides 2 days of intensive, Business Continuity Audit training to enable students to determine the effectiveness, adequacy, quality and reliability of an organization’s Business Continuity Program. Students will learn an audit methodology to evaluate compliance of Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Programs with the current industry’s best practices and standards including:
- ISO 22301: Business Continuity Management Systems – Requirements
- NFPA: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- ITIL: Information Technology Infrastructure Library
The Basics of Business Continuity Planning In the last few years, there has been a consistent push within companies to formulate a Business Continuity Plan
Key Components of an Effective IT Disaster Recovery Strategy Given the importance of our IT systems to business today, ensuring that we can retain functionality
Mastering Business Continuity Planning: Four Key Elements for Effective Training and Implementation Author: Dr. Akhtar Syed, Phd., CBRM, MABR, CISSP. In our rapidly evolving business
The Importance of training in Business Continuity Planning Organizations may encounter unforeseen catastrophes and operational disruptions at any time in the fast-paced business climate of