CBRITP - Self-Paced Online Training
“This IT Continuity Planning and IT Disaster Recovery Training course seminar confirmed to me that I am on the right path to creating a true business recovery plan for I.T., taking what I learned from you will help me build and organize a stronger plan.”
Steven R.// Technical Lead | Veritiv Corporation.
Course Fee: $695
WHY DO YOU NEED TO ATTEND THIS SEMINAR?
- ISO 22301: Business Continuity Management Systems – Requirements
- NFPA: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- ITIL: Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Ben B. // ADP Inc.
Asking the right questions means everything in our Industry! Our workshops and seminars actively encourage all participants to share their experiences and ASK questions! Below you’ll find the most frequently asked questions about our courses. If you have a question that is not answered here, feel free to contact us and we would be delighted to help you.
FAQ- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Today’s Internet-centric 24 x 7 continuous transaction processing applications.
- Remote office workers’ telecommuting demands.
- Just-in-time product and service delivery burdens from partners, vendors, suppliers, and customers.
- Availability of IT services due to regulatory compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley, Basel II).
- New market opportunities and product launches.
- ISO 22301: Business Continuity Management Systems – Requirements
- NFPA : Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- ITIL : Information Technology Infrastructure Library
- Design, develop, and implement an effective information technology (IT) and telecommunications Disaster Recovery Plan to recover critical IT systems, applications, data, and business processes.
- Conduct a risk assessment and Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to determine threats, vulnerabilities, impacts of disruption to IT infrastructure and business operations and IT and telecommunications recovery time frames, priorities, and resource requirements.
- Identify, evaluate, and select high availability and disaster recovery solutions suitable for Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Select and procure an appropriate secondary and tertiary alternate IT recovery site.
- Ensure critical data off-site backup and storage, retrieval, and management requirements are met.
- Establish effective Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and contracts with vendors, suppliers, and service providers for facilities, data, and resources.
- Assemble a knowledgeable and effective Disaster Recovery team, and assign appropriate pre-disaster, disaster, and post-disaster tasks and responsibilities.
- Test and manage changes to the Disaster Recovery Plan.
Module 1 – About this course
This module describes the overall structure of the course and explains the navigation and menu buttons. We recommend going through this module before proceeding to the rest of the modules in this course.
Module 2 – BC Program Overview
In this module, you will receive an introductory overview of a Business Continuity Program. You will learn about some important foundation concepts that will be utilized in the rest of the modules.
Module 3 – BC Planning Process
Module 3 provides an overview of six stage BC and IT DR planning lifecycle.
Module 4 – BC Plan Overview
This module explains important concepts through an example high-level execution of a BC and IT DR plan.
Module 5 – Risk Management
In this module, you will learn how to develop a risk management component of your BC and IT DR plan. Risk management represents the first stage of the BC and IT DR planning lifecycle.
Module 6 – Business Impact Analysis
This module explains what is Business Impact Analysis or Assessment (BIA), and how to conduct a BIA for your organization. BIA represents the second stage of the BC and IT DR planning lifecycle.
Module 7 – Business Continuity Strategy Development
In this module, you will learn to develop business disruption recovery strategies for your BC and IT DR plans. BC strategy development is the third stage of the BC and IT DR planning lifecycle.
Module 8 – Business Continuity Plan Development
This module focuses on the development of BC and IT DR plan documents based on the results of stages 1 through 3.
Module 9 – Business Continuity Plan Testing
This module teaches a methodology to test BC and IT DR plan documents developed in Module 8.
Module 10 – Business Continuity Plan Maintenance
Module 10 describes important activities to maintain your BC and IT DR plans in a constant ready state for potential execution in case a disaster occurs.
This training is designed for
- Anyone responsible for Developing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Managing Business Continuity Projects
- Participating in Business Continuity Planning
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planners
- Business Unit Managers
- Project managers
- Senior management
- A staff from
- Information Technology
- Emergency Response
- Crisis Management
- Human Resource Departments.
The fee includes self-paced online training and optional proctored certification exam.
Once you complete the self-paced training, you may join a confirmed online proctored exam.
Access to a computer with an internet connectivity and a speaker
In addition to the above, a camera is a mandatory requirement for online proctored examinations.
“I just wanted to send you a thank you for the CBRM Seminar instruction. When I returned to work on Tuesday, I passed along to my boss and coworkers that the course and instructor were excellent. One of my peers even said, “Wow, you NEVER say that about a training course.” Having a background in training, I’m a pretty tough judge when it comes to external training seminars. The course surpassed my expectations.”
– Lesley S. // CBRM Operational Risk/Compliance, M&T Bank
“I thought this was an exceptional business continuity course in the way it was presented. The methodology approach made it very easy to understand and have clarity on how to proceed to the next stage(s), as well as the interdependencies of the stages. I feel more empowered to be a focal point within my company regarding Business Resiliency. I was also very appreciative of the opportunity to receive a certification for this course which will add more validity to my professional development along this career path. The instructor was well versed in his field and very accommodating to the class attendees.”
– William W. // CBRM, Project Manager – Disaster Recovery, First American Corporation.
“BRCCI’s course is one of the most important training programs I have attended in my business career. The methodology was presented in a very organized and logical fashion, made understandable by the very experienced instructor. I would recommend this program to anyone wishing to learn the process of Business Continuity and Resilience, especially those whose primary function is to conduct such a program. Thank you also for the well-written manual and textbook.”
– Iris H. // Director, New York University
“Akhtar, First I wanted to thank you for an awesome couple of days. As I said the CBRA really put everything together for me. A little over 18 months ago after attending the CBRM & ITP seminar. I was well equipped to launch and develop our BCP program. In the last couple of days and with a bit more experience under my belt, I can definitely see a clearer path forward in further developing our program by using an auditors’ point of view.”
– Pierre C. // Business Continuity / Content Security, Tolor